Monday, September 12, 2011

Time

I've been thinking alot lately about time. I've been kinda MAD at time because it seems that everyday life completely revolves around it. I wake-up at 6:00 a.m. to make it to work by 7:00 so that I can finish at 5:00 and make it home in time to have dinner around 6:30 or 7:00 and it's off to bed anytime after 10:00. Then my alarm goes off at 6:00 the next morning to do it all over again.

Sometimes time is something to look forward to. In 12 hours my brother comes home from his mission in Russia :) In 5 days the weekend starts.  In 4 weeks we will be on a cruise down in Mexico and in about 2 months Ty and I will have our 2 year annivesary. In these instances time cannot go by fast enough.

Other times go by too fast and I wish they would just slow down...like my hours of sleep (morning ALWAYS comes too soon), the time I spend with Ty after work, weekends, and when I read a good book (nerdy but I always wish the end would drag out a little longer so I won't have to stop reading).

It's a funny thing how sometimes time goes slow and other times goes too fast.  Sometimes I get tired and like to sit, relax, and waste some time.  Most of the time I worry about what I do with my time...if I am being as productive as I can be.  Lately I've been trying to find a balance. Sometimes I try to live in the past and other times try to look to the future.  I've been realizing that if I try to live in the present and make the most of my time here and now that I will be just fine.  I won't be able to look back and regret doing too much or not enough and at the same time it will prepare me for the things ahead in life.  So slowly but surely I'm finding that time might not be such a bad thing after all...I just gotta learn to use it wisely:)


Before Cole left: Taking a Sunday nap


These last 2 years have flown by.
I cannot wait for him to come home TONIGHT!
I've missed my little brother!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Crazy that he is home! Crazy that age group is coming home, that means my little brother is slowly getting closer to coming home :) Hope all is well with you two!