Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Little Sissy

My sister Bailee decided to go on a huge adventure this summer.  This adventure included leaving family, friends, and her comfort zone behind to go and work in Utah for a couple months.  She left the beginning of June and is coming home TONIGHT to visit for a couple days! I know it has been a good experience for her but from my selfish point of view I have missed her and at times wished she was home to play with me.


I love the quote "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of.  You know whatever you do, they'll still be there." I think this quote is true for both Bailee and I.  When Bailee takes my clothes and ruins them, calls and wakes me up in the middle of the night with a crisis, or steals my car without telling me, I still love her.  And even when I get mad at her for taking my lip gloss that she really didn't take, give her my advice on the boys she dates, or actually tell on her for stealing my car and get her kicked out of drivers ed, I know eventually she will .still loves me too. 




I am so grateful for my little sissy.  Bailee is such a good example to me...more so than she knows.  She has so much energy and at times when I get boring she brings a little life back into me.  Being without her this summer has made me realize how much I depend on her.  Bay, I'd be lost with out you. I'm your #1 fan. I'm always here for you not matter what and I know that you've always got my back too.



I love you sister!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont think you could have said it any better sis. i will always be here when you need me!!and you better believe you light up my life just as much as i have ever lit yours!even if i could,i promise id never get rid of ya!!whos foot steps would i follow then huh?;)all my love cal!
love,
your little sissy.

Kip & Melissa said...

Ok I just about cried reading this post! Love you both so much!